Thursday 19 March 2009

Top Reasons You Are on a Bad Date

I am going to tell you about a real date I was on about 5 years ago. It all started when a paralegal that I used to do a fare bit of business with wanted to set me up with her friend. I had never been on a blind date so I thought what the heck.

At the time I had been on a couple of internet dating sites and was having no luck. The paralegal had a great personality, was quite interesting and very easy on the eyes so maybe her friend was going to be similar?

Let's start with first impressions, her friend as I mentioned was quite attractive, my date was nothing short of stunning. I have dated not intentionally quite a few blondes in the past and she was by far the most attractive.

We hoped in my car and took off to a Calgary Flames game. At the rink they have a really good restaurant so we got their early to grab some food as well as giving us a chance to get to know each other.

And here is where things went downhill, first off she was incredible religious. I am well not! Second thing was she talked about herself, a lot. I had at one point mentioned that I had family living in Israel, you'd think this would beg the question "Why is your family living there?" Not this gal she went right back to talking about her mom and the church. They other part that was so amazing to me was the fact that her friend the one that had set us up her husband was Lebanese. Well this gal hated anyone that wasn't white, I am not joking, this gal grew up in the 90's and was a complete racist.

Past all of this the worst part was the fact that she was really dumb, sorry all of you blondes out there this was an example of a dumb blonde. It got so bad that at one point she was still talking away without listening to me that I said "I think I am going to leave!" She didn't answer at all so that's exactly what I did. I left her at the game and I am not sure how she got home, but I felt I had to do that.

In an ironic twist the best way I could explain this to my friends was, she was gorgeous but god doesn't give you everything!